Very late Tuesday night (Ok maybe it was very early Wednesday morning), I found a very cute comment from my friend in Melbourne Kymmie who lives over here at A day in the life of us.
The comment is below:
… And, just on the side, I’ve just nominated you for a stylish award. Stylish girl. Pop over to graciously accept it here: http://kympiez.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylish-who-me-nah.html
But how exciting!
So here are the rules…
To accept this award, I:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
Kymmie, I’m not sure anyone has told you but you are a Hot Mumma, and a very talented blogger too! A day in the life of us is a fantastic blog where we can be lost in your world with classic adventures with your kids, food stuff, parenting stuff, fashion stuff – it’s just a really fun read! Time to subscribe people!
SHARING – I’ve got bloggers block, so I’ve only got 5!
1. I think about blogging all day long – it’s true. My friend Mark is in brand design and uses me as an example to his clients. “You need to do what Bec does. Everything she does, everything she looks at, everything she says she questions whether it is bloggable.” Am I exaggerating Marko?
2. I love my husband – He is fun, but serious. He is silly, but responsible. He is independent, but relies on me. He is 33, but acts like he is 23. He loves his Saviour, and so do I. The End.
3. I heart Real Estate – There’s nothing better than helping people move forward in their life – no matter their circumstances.
3. I love food – I can’t deny it. I love when my husband cooks for me. He has done so every night this week. Thanks Babe – you’re a legend! xo
4. I love road trips – Richie always drives, and I don’t mind at all! We do road trips very well together. My two favourites this year have been the East Coast of USA roadie and the South New Zealand roadie.
5. I love mountains – My brother-in-law was talking about going to Nepal the other night and doing some trekking. I secretly fell into a coma while he was talking about it and started dreaming and drooling. The Himalaya’s are awesome.
PAY IT FORWARD
- Vanessa’s “Vanessa Jane Photography” – This is my sisters photography blog. I keep telling her I want to see more of her work – so hurry up an put some stuff up there girlfriend!
- Ree’s “The Pioneer Woman” – Ree is THE original blogger who inspired me to blog. I fell in love with her story and her world and thought, geez, I wonder if anyone would be interested in reading about our world?
- Linzi’s “Linzi Aitken Photo Blog” – Extremely talented hot mumma! Linzo and I go way back, yep like high-school. She may have been in about Year 12 when I was in Year 7. It was Linzo who I asked “Would you read the rubbish I write if I start a blog?” Her reply… “Of course Beckstar!”
- Tamsin’s “Adventures of an Undomesticated Goddess” – This lovely lady grew up down the road from me and I remember getting a lift to school with her, her Mum and her brother when I was in Year 1 or 2. Little Tamsin would sit in the backseat singing along Pennant Hills Road making up random songs. I also remember the day she was born “My Mum had a baby. It’s a girl.” Lucas circa 1985ish.
- Erica’s “Eat Your Heart Out” – Another lover of food, but actually has talent and who can cook. Erica married my mate Marko, Linzo’s little brother-in-law.
- Mali’s “A Life Less Ordinary” – a friend who went to school with my sister and who also knew my husband before I met him -random! This girl knows how to blog in sentences. Truly awesome.
- “Amen Sister” – This is maintained by my super sweet friends Tan & Nikki from my church. It’s a super cool site and you should all subscribe!
- “Bower Power” – I stumbled across Katie’s blog through Young House Love. Very cool stuff.
- “Fly Through Our Window” – Again I totally stumbled across this blog. Such lovely pictures, inspiring text. Just beautiful. I think it may just be my all time favourite blog.
- “Young House Love “ – Erica got me on to these two love birds. They have great ideas!
- “Friday Playdate” – another random stumble, but found it really interesting in terms of how she mixes and matches her wardrobe.
- “Lost & Fawned” – Random stumble but really love the vintage pieces featured.
- “The Sartorialist” – it’s stunning fashion captures a world that I don’t live in here in the ‘burbs. But it’s fun to dream! I’m pretty sure Mali’s blog hooked me up with this one.
- Eleonora’s “Aglio, Olio, Peperoncino” – Be still my beating heart. My friend Liana told me about this lovely lady’s blog. She is a foodie and travel writer living in Rome… where I left my heart! You know with all the carbs.
- “A Lego a day” – This was a freshly pressed page on the WordPress home page. I found it while I was waiting for my flight to bring us home the other day. It is totally funny, and he is totally classy with his humour.
So go and enjoy!
Thanks again Kym! xo